- Wasabi leaf and/or flower: 250g
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Glass container
- Rubber gloves
- Soy sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Sake: 1 tablespoon
- Mirin: 1 soup spoon
- Sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
This is a very simple recipe to get a great spicy snack from the leaves and/or the wasabi flower. It is also a great accompaniment for rice or meat. Once finished, you can keep it in the fridge for a while and consume it whenever you feel like it!
- Wash the leaves and flowers with water and rinse.
- Cut them into 3-4 cm pieces (including stems).
- In a large pot prepare water approx. 80ºC.
- Put the leaves/flowers in the water and scald for 10 seconds.
- Drain the leaves/flowers.
- Add the salt to the leaves/flowers and smash and rub the salt into the leaves (use rubber gloves so that you don’t burn yourself).
- Place it in a glass container and cover for 3 hours.
- Then add the soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar.
- Let stand 12h.